Investments With Guarantees
- How long will your Retirement Income last? …. we are living longer.
- How can you keep up with Inflation? GIC’s just are not paying enough Interest.
- How can you protect your RRSP/RRIF from Market Volatility?
- How can you create your own Personal Pension? An Investment that will pay you for Life, Guaranteed?
With a GMWB, or a Guaranteed Minimum Withdrawal Benefit Plan.
- Once you decide to turn your Savings into an Income or have to RRIF your RRSP’s, a GMWB Plan Guarantees you with an Income for Life, no matter how long you live.A GMWB Plan provides you the option to design your own portfolio by allowing you to select your investments without locking-in your money. They allow you to make withdrawals, unlike most GIC’s which lock away your money for a period of time.GMWB’s feature a Reset Benefit which provides You the possibility to Increase your Income and reset it to a higher level, and Guarantee it for Life.
- You can Invest as Little as $10,000 into a GMWB
- You are given a Minimum Income Base of 5% (Compounded) or Market Value for every year you stay invested
- There are hundreds of Investment Choices you can make, so variety won’t be a problem
- If you don’t spend it all, the balance of your account bypasses Probate and goes directly to your Beneficiaries, not the
- Insurance Company
- You can never run out of your RRIF, no matter how old you get
Other Investments With Guarantees
GIC’s ( Guaranteed Investment Certificates )
A GIC guarantees your principal up to certain maximums as well as the interest rate. We offer GIC’s from Life Insurance Companies, Banks, and Trust Companies and can shop the market to ensure you the best rate. Even better than your Bank.
If you’re concerned about outliving your assets and income, life annuities pay a guaranteed income for as long as you live or the guarantee period, whichever is longer.
A single life annuity provides income payments as long as you live.
A single life annuity with no guarantee provides guaranteed income payments while you’re living, but the payments stop when you die.
A single life annuity with a guaranteed period provides you with guaranteed income payments for your lifetime or for a specific guaranteed term you indicate at time of issue, whichever is longer. The guarantee period can be up to 40 years or age 90, depending on the source of funds used to purchase the payout annuity.
If you die before the guaranteed period is complete, your beneficiary receives a lump-sum payment equal to the value of the remaining benefit. If your spouse is your beneficiary, he or she may choose to continue receiving payments until the guaranteed period ends.
Joint and Last Survivor Annuities
A joint and last survivor life annuity provides an income for the lifetime of 2 people. Payments continue until your death or the death of your co-annuitant (for example, your spouse), whichever occurs last. At that time, the beneficiary receives a lump-sum payment equal to the value of any remaining guaranteed benefit.
If you purchase a payout annuity with registered pension or locked-in RRSP funds and you have a spouse, you must purchase a joint and last survivor life annuity. In some cases, this requirement may be waived with the signed consent of your spouse.
Term-certain payout annuities pay guaranteed income payments for a specified period of time.
If you die before the annuity reaches the end of the term, the beneficiary receives a lump-sum payment equal to the value of the remaining benefit. If your spouse is your beneficiary, he or she may choose to receive the lump sum or to continue receiving payments until the end of the term.
Policies purchased with registered assets are eligible for terms equal to 90 less your age in full years at the time of purchase.